The dc or power Jack is what draws power from your ac adapter to your laptop to give it the juice it needs to stay on. On most laptops it’s located on your motherboard and essentially transfers the charge to the rest of the board enabling you to turn on your laptop.
Common DC power Jack issues that require dc Jack repair
1. DC Jack repair is necessary over time after repeated use of your laptop. The pin inside the dc Jack may become loose or the dc jack may become disconnected from the system board.
2. The dc jack will also oxidize over time which is something you can't see until you disassemble the entire laptop.
3. You accidentally drop your laptop on your power cord and the jack holding the power cord gets loose or breaks. Don't get down on yourself, this is quite common and happens even to the best of us.
DC Jack Repair Process
We would basically solder the dc jack back onto the motherboard saving you the cost of replacing the entire board which is usually the most expensive item to replace on the laptop.
DC Jack Repair Price
We charge a flat rate for all DC Jack repairs. Please call or click below to find out our dc jack repair rates.
The power DC Jack repair warranty
All dc jack repairs are covered for 90 days if the dc jack isn't broken or damaged as a result of human error.
Preventative measures to avoid dc jack power Jack repair
• Keep your laptop on a flat surface if it is charging or the power chord is plugged in.
• Keep close eye on pets when the laptop is out in the open and charging.
Most computer repairs are completed within 1-2 days and are backed by a 30 warranty. Repairs requiring the ordering of parts take 3-5 business days and we install the part on the same day we receive it. Same day expedited computer services are available as well.